Sunday, April 26, 2009

Printing - It's all about the People (and also about the food)



A stay in Verona would not be complete without many good meals!






I had a chance to have dinner with my old friend Enrico from Mondadori, who used to work with me on The Black Book account and now handles pre-press for many of my clients including The National Geographic and Hudson Hills Press. Joining us were his wife Elena, and their daughter Elisabetta. American parents be advised: Here in Italy, five-year-olds do not clamor for chicken tenders or french fries - they eat plates of proscuitto with bruscetta!





Now, if only Enrico could stop calling the plant to see how that job is doing on press ....










I stayed in my favorite hotel, the Colomba D'Oro, and listened to the sweet sound of swallows flying outside the window, calling to each other across the piazza.

No comments: