Thursday, July 23, 2009

Every Girl's Dream

I love this book.

When Mondadori first presented the Italian edition in London two years ago it was love at first sight. Not for everyone, of course, none of my male colleagues gave this book of fantastic weddings in some of the most breathtaking locations in Italy even a passing glance! Men!

But publisher Leslie Stoker of Stewart, Tabori, and Chang was as charmed as I was and eventually acquired World English rights. Now I am holding in my hands one of the first American copies of this sumptuous volume, WEDDINGS IN ITALY.

I wish I could meet the authors Angelo Garini and Enzo Miccio, Italian wedding planners to the stars. These guys are location scouts, set designers, producers, stylists, fashion consultants and therapists. (The suave Enzo was recently spotted by The Sartorialist) Here's just a sample of what they deal with every day:

" A young couple, but demanding. They want to amaze their many guests. During the search for the ideal location various possibilities are put forward, and in the end the desire for a place that can truly surprise takes us in the direction of a setting that is already part of a dream: an island!"

But of course! Every couple needs their own island!

The locations are incredible: Venice, the Alps, Tuscany, the Riviera and more. The dresses romantic and wonderful. And the cakes!!! My favorite part might just be the cakes ....

No comments: