Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Imago HQ

My first thought, driving up the country hillside to the Imago Headquarters, which is located in a converted old farmhouse outside of Oxford University: "People Work Here?" (Followed quickly by: I could easily work here!).



It is just lovely. And possibly because I am so tired after waking up at 4:30 am in Barcelona, or because the weather is rather magically balmy and blustery, OR because a pair of pheasants stroll across the field in front of us - it feels a bit like being in a dream.





Behind the offices, this ancient church ....









My two days at Imago headquarters are packed with meetings. Everyone from the managing partners, to individual managers, to the members of the sales and production teams seems to me to be bursting with enthusiasm for what they are doing, curious about what my opinions might be, and eager to show off new products as well as new ideas in development.

Of which there are dozens! There are books of course, of every size, shape, dimension, and in dozens of different languages. And electronics. And toys. And unusual packaging and materials - fabric, wood, rubber, felt. Lenticulars, magnet sets, pop-ups, things that make noise, things that fly around. My dear UK colleagues please do not be annoyed if I say that in some way I felt as if I had dropped in to Santa's Workshop!

No comments: