Sunday, September 20, 2009

Back to Florida. And the Arrival of a Lot of Books

After a marathon two-day drive from the Adirondacks, we are back in Florida. I would prefer to do the trip in three days, and choose picturesque locations to stop for dinner and an overnight stay. My husband, on the other hand, could happily get in the car and drive the 24-hours without stopping provided he had an ample supply of Red Bull and the raucous chatter of Howard Stern & friends to accompany him. And what is it about men never having to stop to pee? Exasperated that my latest restroom pitstop has added 3 minutes to our travel time (according to the GPS), he reminds me: "I thought we decided that you were going to fly this time, and I'd take the car???"


The first order of business is to clear out the old book samples to make way for the new!

But SIX cartons of book samples from Imago?

There is a little bit of everything here: coffee table books and museum monographs; Bibles? Bibles! of every shape and size; children's books; decks of cards; journals; books packaged with every kind crazy product like metal cookie cutters for dog biscuits, a kit with santa's beard and eye glasses, CDs, a magic thumb, a tin and cookie mold for making Madeleines, and more and more and more.


Well, until I get a bigger bookshelf, those cartons are getting "re-purposed". Not too bad ....


This week, getting ready for my road trip to Georgia and South Carolina.







No comments: